Apparently this is the face of a person who's finished her last ever exams of med school! Gosh, I'd forgotten that part of the reason why I started doing headless outfit shots was because my face is so hard to control.
Today's exam was kind of an interview (to convince them that we've learned stuff in the last six years), a bit more formal than the other clinical exams. I don't own a blazer, and I didn't want to buy a not-perfect one out of desperation, so I emergency-borrowed one from a friend (thanks Jenny). I felt so fancy and professional. I'm on the lookout for a blazer of my own now.
Speaking of clothes... my graduation ball is less than 3 weeks away and I don't have a dress. I borderline dislike formal wear and I also hate the idea of buying a dress that I'll only wear on special occasions (since I never go to any), so my search for a formal-appropriate-yet-able-to-be-worn-casually dress that I like has been fruitless. I do have more time to spend looking now, but worst comes to worst there's a dress I already have that might work, although it's not really my style anymore and I might feel a little awkward in it. I'm going to hit some shops tomorrow and see if I have any luck.
September 18, 2016
August 25, 2016
All last week was sunny and go-without-a-jacket during the day, so I thought winter was on its way out; it's having one last say with the cold front this week, though. Not that I really want it to leave. It'll be fun to wear dresses and shorts for maybe a week, then I'll be starting my complaints about being too hot and sweaty.
- Old Navy shirt / Jeans West jeans / Bass loafers for errands at the shopping centre.
- Zara coat / Uniqlo shirt / Mango pants / Bass loafers for hospital.
- Uniqlo sweatshirt / Mango pants / Bass saddle shoes for hospital. I need to wear my saddle shoes more often, I love them so much but for some reason I've been having trouble pairing them with outfits lately.
- Zara coat / Muji dress / Dune boots for study group then dinner.
- My mum's trench coat / H&M t-shirt / Uniqlo jeans / Dune boots for dinner. The t-shirt is definitely not getting as much wear as I planned. Probably my regret buy for the year.
- Uniqlo shirt / Just Jeans jeans / Dune boots / Daniel Wellington watch* for dinner. Finally have a bra that kind of matches my skin tone and is less obvious under this silk shirt, which is basically sheer.